As a Mentor in the Level Ground program, I agree to:
- Participate in the Level Ground mentor training as described in the Mentor Application.
- Make a commitment of up to 12 months to the mentoring relationship with a former inmate.
- Make a time commitment of 1-2 hours per week for mentee visits, and if time in my schedule allows and I am able, attend hearings and spend more time with my mentee at critical times.
- Commit not to act either as a clinical therapist or doctrinal religious counselor, understanding that Level Ground welcomes and respects a broad diversity within mentees' religious experiences and affirmations, or lack thereof.
- Sign and respect the Level Ground Client Confidentiality Agreement.
- Agree to the following responsibilities:
- Help the former inmate make the transition back into the community;
- Be intentional in looking out for the well-being of the mentee;
- Identify resources available to the mentee;
- Make contact with all involved agency representatives, if appropriate;
- Act as a consistent, caring reference point.
- Submit a Weekly Mentor Outcomes Report after each visit and a bimonthly Life Skills Outcomes Survey (both through the internet), and be prepared to communicate on a regular basis with my Mentor Advisor and Level Ground staff in person, by phone or by email as the situation requires.
- Share all information in the mentoring relationship with Level Ground, understanding that my reports are the property of Level Ground and that the confidentiality of the mentee and myself will be strictly kept.
- Commit to upholding my safety and the safety of Level Ground by:
- refraining from any physical contact with the client which could be open to misinterpretation (a pat on the back or handshake is ok).
- not sharing alcohol or drugs with the client.
- not sharing my last name or any personal information.
- not sharing any personal or contact information about the Level Ground office and staff, with the exception that at certain times I may have to give out the office phone number.
- Abide by all the Level Ground and GA Department of Corrections guidelines, while understanding that the Level Ground program is independent from the GA Department of Corrections and does not report to parole or probations officers.
By typing my name below I state that I have read and agree to the above conditions and procedures.